Monday, February 9, 2009



Since I can't go on a vacation right now I decided to post a painting of a place I would like to travel to - Italy. I love that place. This is not a particular location, just a composition created from a number of my sketches, paintings, and photos from my travels there.

I guess I can't complain as the weather has been pretty nice the past few days. Well, I guess I could complain - about plenty, but I won't, there are too many things for which to be thankful. I was feeling rather frustrated about a number of things lately but then I hear of other people's health issues, financial problems, etc... and I remember again how blessed I am. Including being blessed with artistic talent that I can share with all of you.

In this painting there is a nice play of light and darks - not unlike the light,open areas of our lives and the dark, shadowy, private areas of our lives. The dark area are not necessarily bad, it is just not as easy to see what lurks there. However when one really looks we can see some surprising things, just as there are some surprising dabs of color, beautiful color that aren't obvious but make the shadows rich and beautiful. And then there, just down the path in the sunlight is a place of respite. Its almost like being pulled down the path to the light, not unlike in our lives, I think we are generally called to that which is good, the light. Sometimes that path is well traveled and sometimes not.

This painting is rendered in oil on a multi-media paper made by the french company, Sennelier. The painting is unframed. It is very colorful and inviting. Enjoy looking and travelling.

If you are interested, this painting can be found on E-bay. The title is "Italian Light", and I will donate some of the proceeds to a charity again. You will have to go to E-bay to see which one. The painting can be found if you search for the title under self-representing artists.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes". Marcel Proust

Caio, Helen

Sold

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog and lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting!
    Looks like a wonderful place to be.

    ReplyDelete