Sunday, April 26, 2009

Definitely not a 'painting a day'



Well, I thought I better post something so people won't think I fell off the face of the earth. I've been busy as usual with a variety of stuff and just haven't made my 'paintings a day' or any paintings a priority. Soooooo....I decided to post some of my other paintings for you to enjoy.
This is an oil portrait I painted last year of a little boy at the beach. I had to crop the photo as the painting is wider...it is actually a square painting. The photo doesn't do the painting justice, and the painting doesn't do the little boy justice - he is so incredibly cute, cute, cute. However, his mom was absolutely thrilled when his dad gave it to her for Christmas. What a great gift to give someone ...... and a terrific heirloom.
Well, I'm going to wrap it up for today. I'll be back though. Let me know if you have any questions.
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work". Emile Zola, writer
Thanks, Helen
NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment