Friday, January 30, 2009


I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and so thankful that I am in a nice warm, cozy place - very thankful indeed. I think winter is a beautiful season but the older I get the less I like the cold temp's.. A month of winter would probably be sufficient for me. The sun is shining and I think we are to have a bit of a heat wave this weekend - mid 30's. Anyway, I decided to put a cheerful little painting up today. It is a 5" x 7" oil painting of one of my favorite cups and saucers filled with mini roses. It is looking for a good home.


"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we will not find it". Ralph Waldo Emerson


Helen
Sold

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful setting & I love the two kids (brother & sister) hanging out together in the sun - reminds me of my two when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. It makes me think of when my siblings and I were young(er). I still love to sit in spots where the sun is streaming in -such simple pleasures. As you probably know, I enjoy figurative art, especially painting children. I love not only the mood of the piece but I think the lights and shadows of the architecture create an interesting composition. I think the simple, daily acts of life are beautiful. Thanks for visiting. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, I'm having trouble getting my comment to post. I'll try again. Adding you to my daily blog roll so I'll be checking on you alot! Love your work and now I'll get to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete