Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Harmony #2


This is an 11" x 14" oil on canvas, and available for purchase - if you are interested just email me at rtist6162@aol.com.
This is a scene from the historic town of New Harmony, Indiana. It is such a beautiful old town....plenty of history, wonderful architecture, galleries, antiques shops, the Wabash river, etc....it is worth a drive there if you are looking for a little road trip. I don't recall which building this is, but I do recall that it caught my eye with the play of lights and shadows. The building is striking but the light shining on the brick wall and into the courtyard beckoning one to take a peak around the bushes is what really drew me. Okay, so much for the tour'isty' talk.
If you click on the image it will take you to a screen that shows the painting in a larger format...shows more detail.
"Today tend your interior secret garden. Weed out disappointments, frustrations, and anger; these emotional weeds only choke your creativity. Let an unfettered imagination sow the seeds of possibility in the rich soil of your soul". Sarah Ban Breathnach
Not easy, but I am working it.
Thanks for stopping by,
Helen

2 comments:

  1. I love your painting Helen. What a great name for a town. It seems to elicit harmony. And that truly is a wonderful quote, and so true in order for us to thrive creatively! Thanks for your thoughtfulness in your paintings and quotes. It's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm pleased with how this painting turned out. And it is a great name for a town, and quite fitting from what I have observed. As for the quote, well, yes I think it is essential to creativity, and to living in 'harmony', or in reference to one of your blogs 'in balance'. Thanks for stopping by, Helen

    ReplyDelete